Today’s Green Smoothie is straight from the tropics, with a flavor many love, Pina Colada–Pineapple and Coconut.
Pina Colada Green Smoothie
- 1 cup fresh or frozen pineapple chunks
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup fresh young coconut meat (no, they don’t cost near this much locally or through Azure Standard)
- 1/2 banana (fresh or frozen)
- 2 large handfuls baby spinach or other greens
- fresh young coconut water or purified water
- 1 Tbl. fresh ground flaxseed (optional)
As always ingredients should all be organic, as much as you are able to find.
Blend till smooth. (For best results use a high performance blender.) If none of your fruits are frozen, add a few ice cubes if desired.
Notice the optional ingredient. There are very few things that I’d recommend adding to your Green Smoothies, besides fresh/frozen fruits, vegetables, and greens. Those few additions are always things that add a super nutritional punch. Fresh ground Flaxseed fits that bill. (Click the link to read why flaxseed is so wonderful.)
Comment below: What was in your Green Smoothie today?